A long winter can really make you realize things about your home. You might be among the many homeowners who realize that they want a better heating system in their home during this time of year. If you’re ready to take your heating to the next level, consider zone-controlled heating for your home!
In an ideal world, your home would be perfectly constructed and set on the perfect plot of land so that you’d never have to deal with uneven heating in your home. In the real world, however, things aren’t always so perfect. There are so many factors that affect the heating of your home. When you need top-notch HVAC service in San Antonio, you need our team. The terms “top-notch” and “Riteway Service Company” are synonymous when it comes to anything HVAC. We’ve served San Antonio since 1993—we have the right balance of knowledge, training, and experience.
Understanding the Various Factors That Affect Your Heating
If we asked you to tell us what factors you think affect your heating, you might say the quality of your heater, the size of your home, and the temperature outdoors. While these are valid answers, your heating system is really so much more complex than just what’s on the surface. Other things affect your heating like:
- The position of your windows
- The number of windows in your home
- The quality of your insulation
- The amount of shade your home receives
- The number of heat-producing appliances in a room
All of these various factors can lead to an irritating problem—uneven heating and cooling. Zone heating is amazing because it helps you counteract these energy-reducing factors.
What’s Zone-Controlled Heating?
Zone controlled heating is a method of technology that uses multiple thermostats and dampers to bring heat to the places where you need it most. Zone-controlled heating is useful if you have a home that two stories or a home that’s deeply impacted by uneven heating.
In a standard heating set up, you just have one thermostat to control your entire home and you might wonder, “What’s wrong with that?” Well, if this thermostat is placed in your foyer downstairs, then it’s more than likely your upstairs bedrooms might not receive the most comfortable levels of heating.
Your thermostat works hard to accurately read the temperature in your home, but it’s not omnipotent and a large home is a challenge. A zone-controlled system places several individual thermostats in varying areas of your home so that the entire space is heated evenly.
How This Improves Your Home Heating
So, let’s talk details. What are the advantages of a zone-controlled system?
- Energy Efficiency: Zone controlled heating helps you heat your home. When you heat your home the way that you need to rather than the way that you have to with a standard set-up, you’ll avoid wasting energy.
- Longer Lifespan: Although having one thermostat in your home is the status quo, it’s really easy for this to overwork your heater. That’s because this one thermostat is in charge of your entire home. Zoned systems take the strain off your heating system, operate precisely, and put much less strain on your heating system.
- Savings: When you save energy in the ways mentioned above, you’ll save money on your energy bills too!
If you’re looking for a great team to install a zone-controlled heating system here in San Antonio, contact Riteway Service Company.