Okay sure, winters here in Texas aren’t nearly as cold as it is for our neighbors up North, however, that doesn’t mean that you don’t deserve to own a great heating system! You see, if you currently own an old or outdated heating system, now is the perfect time to consider installing a new one!
We understand that investing in a brand new heater can be a bit overwhelming, but don’t worry—we are here to help! Below, we have provided you with a quick-guide to heating installation, just to give you a bit of a head start. All you’ve got to is keep reading to find out more (oh, and of course, remember to call us when you need a great HVAC company in San Antionio.)
Follow These Steps!
If you are in the market for a new heating system this year, follow these steps:
1. Replacing Your Old Heater
The first step in selecting a new heater is to decide whether or not to replace your current system. There are a number of signs that indicate it’s time for a new system. Consider replacing your heater if:
- It’s old: The average lifespan of a heater is anywhere between 10–15 years. If your heater has aged beyond this expected lifespan, it is best to consider replacing it. Your old, outdated heating system is simply not going to be as efficient as a newer model.
- It requires frequent repairs: If you have found yourself calling for repairs more than just a couple of times per year, it could be that your system is simply worn out. As a rule of thumb, if you are spending 50% or more of the cost of a new heater on repairs, it is better to just replace your system.
- You’re paying more for heat: An inefficient heating system will cause your monthly utility bills to rise. We recommend keeping a close eye on your utility bills, for a steady increase can be an indication that it’s time for a new system.
2. Choosing the Right Heater
There are dozens of home heating options to choose from, and sorting through all your options can seem quite overwhelming if you don’t know what you are looking for. Here at Riteway Service Company, we offer options such as:
- Furnaces: Furnaces are the most popular heating systems in the United States. Homeowners have the option of installing a gas or electric furnace depending on availability and expense.
- Heat pumps: A heat pump is an excellent choice for homeowners in Texas, as they are very efficient in warmer climates. A heat pump works both as a heater and as an air conditioner, making them quite versatile.
- Ductless systems: Ductless systems provide conditioned air from individual air handlers that are placed in different rooms of the house. Since they don’t rely on a network of ducts, they are great for saving space and conserving energy.
3. Sizing and Installing Your New System
After you have selected the heater of your choice, it is time to have it properly sized and installed. You need to hire a professional for your installation services. Only a professional can properly integrate your new system into your home to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Contact Riteway Service Company for all your heating needs.